WHAT IS YOGA?
Yoga is a combination of physical, mental and spiritual practices or disciplines which originated in ancient India. Yoga is not a religion. Yoga is an ancient art which harmonises a system of development for the body, mind and spirit. Continued practice of yoga will ensure one to possess a sense of peace and well being. Yoga makes one’s body strong and flexible which improves the functioning of the respiratory, circulatory, digestive and hormonal systems. Yoga ensures emotional stability, provides relaxation and clarity of mind. Yoga and meditation have the potential to cure most of our beauty and health related problems. One yoga pose that can help us in getting rid of our digestive problems is explained below in detail.
VARIOUS TYPES OF YOGA AND ITS SPECIFIC BENEFITS
These are a few popular and beneficial poses in yoga which are listed below:
- Bridge – Bandha Sarvangasana : It helps to strengthen the spine, relieve stress, anxiety and insomnia.
- Downward dog – Adho Mukha Svanasana : It helps to lengthen the spine, strengthen the arms and calms the mind by pumping fresh oxygen to the brain.
- Child Pose – Balasana : It relieves the neck, back and hip pain.
- Easy Pose – Sukhasana : It helps to relieve the menstrual pain for women and lowers anxiety.
- Triangle Pose – Trikonasana : It relieves back pain and makes the spine flexible.
- Four – limbed Staff – Chaturanga : It strengthens the arms, wrist and abdomen.
- Chair – Utkatasana : It helps to improve the leg muscles and strengthens the hip, ankles and spine.
- Tortoise Pose – Kurmasana pose: It cures all of one’s digestive problems. This pose resembles a tortoise, relaxes your neck and shoulders and silently works on your core.
BENEFITS OF VARIOUS TYPES OF YOGA POSES
Yoga is widely known for its relaxation effect on the body, mind and spirit. On a general note, yoga helps to relieve all the stress accumulated in the mind which is very toxic to health that leads to various health hazards. Yoga will also help to improve your health and speaking about this particular pose in yoga, it will help to maintain a healthy digestive tract. Hence, yoga should be done by every one of all ages. The ideal time to do yoga is early in the morning daily. However, if you have a tight schedule, it can also be done in the evenings. It is important to have four to six hours of gap after your last meal to do different poses. Yoga has numerous health benefits. Primarily, this can get rid of your digestion and respiratory problems. This is not all. Yoga is a boon for stiff shoulders, neck and knots in your body. It can improve your posture along with increased flexibility of the spine.