The pre bookings for the newly launched iPhone 8 series Plus have started in India via online and offline stores. Online channels like Amazon, Flipkart, and Reliance Jio, among others are up their sleeves with exciting offers. In offline channel, various authorised Apple Resellers, Redington stores, large format chains, and Jio Stores will be open to rake in the pre-orders for the handset till September 29, when it goes on sale. Moreover, Jio has launched an data plan for the new iPhone8.
OPTION 1: Pre-booking of iPhone 8, iPhone 8 online channels like Amazon India, Jio, Flipkart etc.
Amazon India has advertised the following offers while pre booking the iPhone 8 series:
- Exchange discount of up to Rs. 20,34; here the catch is that on exchange an old iPhone model, you will get an extra Rs. 10,000 off,
- There are also no cost EMIs for 3 , 6 and 12 months option.
- 10 percent additional cash back on purchases made via HDFC Bank credit or debit cards, and
- The Jio 70 percent buyback offer. Jio is also offering Rs. 10,000 cash back on Citibank cards.
On Flipkart, the iPhone 8 series pre-booking include:
- Exchange discount of up to Rs. 23,000 but only an extra Rs. 3,000 off on exchanging an old iPhone.
- 10 percent off on buying with SBI debit and credit cards, and 5 percent on Axis Bank Buzz credit cards
- 10 percent cashback on PhonePe payments, and
- 10,000 Citi Credit and World Debit Cards.
- Can also opt for 1-year buyback guarantee at Rs. 99, which provides Rs. 40,000 exchange value on return, and extended 1-year warranty on Rs. 2,695.
OPTION 2: Jio iPhone 8 buyback offer
Jio buyback option can also be availed from Reliance Digital, Jio.com, Jio Store, and MyJio app on pre booking iPhone 8 series, apart from Amazon India. It shall provide the customers with 70 percent of the purchase price if they use the handset with Jio SIM card, and return it after a year.
However, the 70 percent value is deducted on the phone’s value excluding taxes. So, for example, if you purchase the 256GB iPhone 8 for Rs. 77,000, the buyback value will be calculated at Rs. 67,760, after deducting Rs. 9,240 (GST of 12 percent on the purchase price). Now the value you will get back is 70 percent of Rs. 67,760, so you will get vouchers worth Rs. 47,432 upon returning the handset. The vouchers can be used within six months, either on the next iPhone or on purchases made in Reliance Digital store.
OPTION 3: Offline stores for pre booking iPhone 8
Redington India, Croma, Maple, Vijay Sales have confirmed that both the iPhones can be pre-ordered from any of its stores across the country. Offers will vary so it is better to head to the nearest store tomorrow, to know more about them.
iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus pricing.
The iPhone 8 price in India for the 64GB variant is Rs. 64,000, while the 256GB model costs Rs. 77,000. Similarly, the iPhone 8 Plus price in India has been set as Rs. 73,000 for the base 64GB storage variant, while the model with 256GB storage is Rs. 86,000.