When an individual hits puberty, the sudden urge of body hormones, increased secretion of oils and fats, leads to the formation of pimples on the skin. They are majorly formed due to accumulation of impure blood, or presence of microorganisms on the skin. The endotoxins secreted by the bacteria leads to the formation of pimples as the body’s defence system becomes active.
Other causes of pimples are pollution, improper hygiene maintenance, improper and irregular diet, increased fat intake, severe medical conditions, and side effects of adverse drug reactions, which immediately show their effect on the skin.
A pimple is the inflammation of the topical skin in which the oil glands get infected with bacteria, further swell up and fill with pus. This Oil gland secretes excessive sebum which acts as the major cause of this problem. The Pimples generally occur on the face, shoulder, neck and back.
Removing the pimples is a complex procedure as they are prone to regrowth on the infected site. Pimples are occurred mainly due to the non-suitable atmosphere, quality of food consumption and some other reasons. Dandruff is also the main cause for pimples.
The reason for pimples on girls and boys is different. Same applies to men and women. The female body undergoes hormonal fluctuation every month, during which the irregularity of hormone levels and the reduced amount of haemoglobin present, leads to pimple formation. Other reasons are low-quality makeup, side effects of topical medicated creams. In men, the common cause is lack of hygiene. This gives ground for the growth of bacteria which affect the skin. Other causes include external pollution, work culture and internal hormonal changes.
Treatment of pimples is both by allopathy and Ayurveda or by home remedies. To reduce the number of side effects and maintain the natural texture of skin, many consumers prefer home remedies for pimple treatment as it is also the matter of social status and beauty.
Below mentioned are the home remedies to remove pimples with reduced side effects:
- Green tea : green tea is known to content many anti-oxidants which our body needs. This helps eliminate the free radicals of the body. Green tea can be taken internally or the paste of the leaves can be applied on the affected area of the skin. There are no side effects for the topical treatment, but the intake of green tea should be limited as per age.
- Honey and cinnamon mask: honey and cinnamon are having maximum sources of anti-oxidants . the combination of these 2 serves as antibacterial properties. Not only do they kill the bacteria, they also reduce the inflammation caused by the acne triggers.
- Aloe vera: aloe vera gel is specifically used for skin treatments. It is extensively added in all skin products. Aloe vera gel is used for treatment of abrasions, rashes, burns and other related severe skin conditions. Topical application of aloe vera heals wounds, treats burns and kills the inflammatory factors. The key component of aloe vera is salicylic acid and sulphur, of which both are used for acne treatment. It shows anti-inflammatory action and reduces redness and swelling.
- Reduce dairy intake: if suffering from severe acne conditions, reduction of milk, reduces the elevated hormonal levels.
- Regular exercise: regular body workout, improves the body circulation, which in turns, nourishes the skin cells, prevents further acne growth and heals the acne even faster. Regular physical activity evenly regulates the hormonal level, thus , balancing levels in the blood and avoiding pimples
- Mask of strawberry and honey: Strawberries are contains salicylic acid, which primarily acts as the primary ingredient for skin treatment . the combined mask enhances the epidermis to shed its cells more rapidly and help in , opening up clogged pores and killing bacteria. The mask also shrinks up the pores and preventing them from further clogging in the future and promotes new cell growth. Honey acts as a natural antibiotic to the mask and gives the skin a softer texture.
- Banana peels : Peel of the banana contains specific amounts of lutein, which acts as a powerful antioxidant and helps in the reduction of redness and inflammation present on the skin and promotes healthy cell growth.