Turmeric is fit to be called the “golden queen of antibiotics”. Clad in a powdery yellow texture and arid taste, this power obtained from dried turmeric leaves, cures a lot of health issues at its disposal. You will love using turmeric for the countless times it gives a hand in healing your various ailments. It is also commonly used to add color and flavor to the food. Read on to discover its amazing properties.
Preparation for usage:
The rhizome of the plant can be dug up and cut into pieces. These pieces can be boiled and dried. These rhizomes are frequently used in herbal medicines in the form of powders, tinctures, infusions, and ointments.
1) Turmeric powder mixed with warm milk can be drunk to cure sore throats and persistent colds or coughs. It has a healing effect and comes down with soothing tinges over a sore throat.
2) Turmeric helps in better digestion. It helps cure indigestion, gastric troubles, stomach acidity as well as liver and gall bladder problems.
3) The turmeric oil can stimulate appropriate bile secretion and also protect the liver.
4) Owing to the anti-inflammatory elements in turmeric, it has been traditionally used to treat rheumatism, arthritis, eczema, asthma, psoriasis, etc.
5) Turmeric rich meals can help cure circulatory and menstrual disorders.
6) It helps to lower blood cholesterol and prevents blood clotting. This helps blood flow freely through the arteries and reduces the risk of cardiovascular problems to a great extent.
7) Turmeric mixed with a few drops of milk, when applied on the face and washed, gives a cleansed texture and prevents the clogging of pores in the skin with dirt.
8) Turmeric is an excellent antibacterial and anti-fungal product and can be used to treat a variety of infections arising from bacteria and parasites. It is very effective to get rid of athlete’s foot and toenail fungus.
9) A bath with a little amount of turmeric powder added to hot water can leave the body fresh and clean with body odors and remains of sweat.
*Excess dosage can cause constipation or nausea
*Some are allergic to turmeric on their skin and complain of itching. They should stop turmeric usage immediately.
*Anticoagulants and turmeric do not go well together. Avoid taking them at the same time.
* Turmeric is not at all to be used by those with gall bladder problems.