In the present day modern society scenario, the most popular problem faced by almost everyone these days is obesity. In India, nearly 11 million people are facing problems because of obesity every year. The number of people getting obese is increasing day by day because of the consumption of junk food and improper eating habits. Obesity can lead to many health issues such as stroke, heart attack, elevated blood pressure, clotting of blood, etc. A person is medically considered to be obese when their body mass index is 25 or more than that. One of the major concerns in obese people is the accumulation of excess belly fat which is extremely unhealthy. “Visceral fat”, the medical term for belly fat, refers to the fat surrounding the liver and other organs in the abdomen.
SOURCES THAT MAKE ONE GAIN BELLY FAT
The sources that make one gain belly fat are listed below:
- Sugary foods and beverages
- Trans Fat
- Low protein diet
- The wrong gut bacteria
- Fruit Juice
- Stress and cortisol
- Low fiber diets
- Insufficient sleep
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE MOST COMMON ITEMS THAT CAUSES BELLY FAT
The most common items which cause a person to gain belly fat are listed below.
- Sugary foods and Beverages – High sugar foods such as cakes, candies, soda, flavoured coffee drinks and sweet tea are very popular. Observational studies have depicted a link between excessive sugar intake and excess belly fat. The high fructose content of added sugar is one of the major factors that cause excess belly fat. In a controlled 10 week research experiment, obese people who consumed twenty five percent calories as fructose sweetened beverages experienced a decrease in insulin sensitivity and an increase in belly fat.
- Alcohol – Alcohol has both advantageous and disadvantageous effects. Alcohol such as red wine, when consumed in moderate amounts, lowers one’s risk of heart attacks and strokes whereas when consumed in large amounts is very hazardous to health as it may damage various organs such as the liver, kidney, etc.
- Trans Fats – Trans Fats are the most harmful fats that cause various medical disorders. Trans fats are commonly found in foods that are preserved for longer shelf lives.
- Inactivity – Obesity is mainly caused due to leading a sedentary lifestyle. We must follow various exercises everyday to have a fresh feeling daily.
- Low protein diets – When high protein diet is followed, the person will have a good metabolic rate whereas a person who falls low protein diet will have high belly fat gain due to less metabolic rate.
- Menopause – During the last menstrual cycle of a female, this is during menopause women gain belly fat in a higher rate.
In this current scenario, many people are suffering from excessive gain of belly fat which can be reduced with proper diet maintenance and also proper exercises. Belly fat gaining is not a medical disorder or a chronic disease; it is just an issue that can be solved by one’s own willpower and determination itself. So, stay healthy and stay fit at all times.