Woke up late? Your bestie was absent? Had a fight with your boyfriend/girlfriend? You’ve had too much of emotions for a day? And everything’s going wrong. There is one thing to your rescue: Music.
Here’s what I like to do on a crappy day. I get into my pajamas – close the door to my room and forbid everyone from entering – plug in earphones – and sing loudly to the music. The songs I used to listen to two years ago and scream the lyrics like nobody’s listening. If I’m in the mood I dance too for two-three hours straight. It’s my happy ending to a terrible day.
Music releases a mood elevating hormone called as Dopamine. Urban dictionary states that Dopamine is ‘The kick ass chemical in your brain that makes you feel and do happy things… whatever they may be.’ so you get the idea right? Apparently, Dopamine gives you pleasure and that’s what music does, provides delight alike to joy of food, sleep, sex etc.
Furthermore, no occasion is complete without music. Weddings, parties, long drives don’t happen without plenty of music sprinkled all over it. Even funerals at some places do with dash of music. So after a day full of bullshit, music transports me to this serene place which helps to get a positive outlook on life. Anyway, music has always been there for everyone since times immemorial, No?
My all-time favourites are :
- Breezeblocks by Alt-J
- Halo by Beyonce
- Don’t Worry, Be Happy by Bob Marley
- Rockabye by Clean Bandit ft Sean Paul & Anne-Marie
- Bubbly by Colbie Calliat
- A sky full of stars by Coldplay
- Don’t Let Me down by The Chainsmokers ft. Daya
- Caroline by Jon Foreman
- In the name of love by Martin Garrix & Bebe Rhexa
- Like I’m Gonna Lose you by Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend
- You will be Loved by Nicole Scherzinger
- Love Runs Out by One Republic
- Let Her Go by Passenger
- Happy by Pharrell Williams
- Headlights by Robin Schulz ft. Ilsey
- Stay with Me by Sam Smith
- Chandelier by Sia
- Two Sleepy People by Silje Nergaard
- Science and Faith by The Script
- All of me by John Legend
Music is a magic, an undeniable constant which can never be shook by anything. Music is one thing that I’ll always be thankful for in this world.