A online portal change.org filed a online petition to Honorable prime minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi. This petition is based on Stop Kids Sale And Human Trafficking . Here is the complete petition written by Change.org :-
Hon’ble Prime Minister of India,
Every day, 174 children go missing. Young and vulnerable, often without identity and easy targets, children are losing their childhood forever.
Human trafficking in India – one of the most inhuman practices – continues to plague and persist as an organised crime. As a result, a large number of women, boys and girls are trafficked for various inhuman purposes, depriving them of their rights, denying them a chance to actively participate in the growth of our nation.
Surprisingly, despite various policies and laws, in 2016 alone, 22955 human trafficking cases were reported in India.
Children remain the most vulnerable target, trafficked and pushed to most harmful forms of labour and abuse, often forced into prostitution, physical labour or domestic work.
This must END NOW.
We would like to congratulate the Government of India for taking a pioneering step in the form of the Anti-Trafficking Bill “Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection and Rehabilitation) Bill, 2017” to address the existing anomalies in the present “Immoral Traffic Prevention Act, 1956”.
While the laws must be stringent to end child trafficking cases but also address the rehabilitation of survivors.
We, hereby, submit suggestions for your reference and consideration:
- Community-Led Prevention Programmes: Through tangible measures ensure active participation of Panchayati Raj Institutions and Child Protection Committees in creating a community mechanism that acts as a watchdog to help prevent instances of trafficking of women and children. These established institutions would identify vulnerable families, women and children and support them by linking them to social protection, livelihood and skill development programmes.
- Strengthened Rehabilitation Programmes: To enable the survivors and their families to cope-up with the situation. This should include safe shelter homes, provision of education and skill development, access to social protection schemes, soft loans for entrepreneurship activities, free legal aid, psycho-social programmes, and other relevant forms of support.
- Bring the proposed legislation in sync with other related legislations: To ensure effective implementation of legislation, reviewing it and bringing it in sync with other related legislations to address any anomalies and gaps.
- Provision of adequate budget and monitoring mechanism: To Ensure that adequate budgets are allocated for effective implementation of the legislations which includes social and legal protection programmes, as well as periodically monitoring its expenditure.
- Strengthened coordination mechanisms: Establish coordination mechanisms between law enforcement agencies and proposed institutions to deal with trafficking cases to ensure that fool-proof cases are filed against traffickers — which allows for speedy trial.
We, as citizens of India, trust that the government under your leadership would consider the above suggestions and take necessary action.
NCRB (National crime Records Bureau) 2016
Well this petition is signed by approx 920 peoples in just 4 days. and peoples also shows their view on this by social media site Instagram. Here is what they have to say on Kids Sale and Human Trafficking.
I join @stc_india @snapdeal in their effort to spotlight children as vulnerable, easy target of the most inhuman practice – human Child Trafficking. Change begins with you. Take action at https://t.co/q8Z1P8eQRY #KidsNotForSale #WorldDayAgainstTrafficking pic.twitter.com/PcP4JAZrtf
— Dia Mirza (@deespeak) July 30, 2018
I am very hurt when i heard that child trafficking is so rampant in India. @narendramodi Sir, request you to please take action and consider @stc_india’s recommendations to the bill. #KidsNotForSalehttps://t.co/cwa0CzVtoJ
— ŠΨ🌼Þηikα 🇮🇳. follow👆 (@s_swapnika) July 30, 2018
— ज्योतिका (@Joganiya_) July 30, 2018
— Pragya Vats (@pragyavats) July 30, 2018
Kudos! A cause very close to my heart. Have been working on #ProjectDEVI 10 yrs now through the @ONEFoundationIN. Lets all join hands & end this social disease of child trafficking- https://t.co/EazLUTfWyA. Urge u all to join @stc_india @snapdeal in this endeavour.#KidsNotForSale pic.twitter.com/xhs7sT9WeU
— Vivek Anand Oberoi (@vivekoberoi) July 30, 2018
— boomzie (@bhumika1321) July 30, 2018
— Aparna ツ (@AppieAppz) July 30, 2018
— Aarti (@Aarti_84) July 30, 2018
It’s disgusting to know India is the largest market of organ trade and kids too are a victim #KidsNotForSale
— Feel Alive (@cutestrocker) July 30, 2018
So guys I have already signed this petition if you also support #Kindnotforsale then please click the link and sign this petition.
Click on the link KidsNotForSale