You are probably told to stay away from chocolate, if you’re trying to lose weight. But Do you know, Dark chocolate has some amazing health benefits? Just enjoy some dark chocolate in small quantities, and make sure it has 70% cocoa in it. Here are some benefits :
- Dark chocolate can help lower your blood pressure, increase circulation and prevent arteriosclerosis.
- It help reduce insulin resistance and prevent spikes in blood-sugar levels, preventing you from overeating.
- It improves metabolism and you experience a feeling of satiety.
- It controls your appetite, thus helping in weight loss.
- It also controls your sugar cravings.
- It tends to improve your mood.
- Dark Chocolate enhances your sense of peace and well-being.
- It encourages exercise.
This tasty indulgence does not come without a price. One ounce of dark chocolate containing 60 percent or more of cocoa equals 170 calories. Eat it in moderation, two or three times per week should suffice.