WHAT IS CALCIUM?
Calcium is one of the most essential nutrients that is needed for the formation of strong bones and teeth. Calcium will also help in the proper functioning of the muscles in the body. A particular amount of calcium is very much needed for the proper functioning of the brain and different organs of the body. Merely, when a particular amount of calcium is infused into the body, proper maintenance of the growth of the strong bones, teeth and muscles can be accomplished. Hence, the correct amount of calcium has to be brought into the body through calcium rich food. We all know very well that milk is one of the most calcium rich foods. Unfortunately, some people are allergic to milk. Luckily, there are various other supplements for people allergic to milk.
5 CALCIUM RICH FOODS FOR PEOPLE ALLERGIC TO MILK
The food items listed below are the most commonly found calcium rich foods that are used as an alternative for milk:
- Chinese Cabbage
- Lady’s Finger
- Whole Wheat Bread
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE 5 CALCIUM RICH FOODS
- CHINESE CABBAGE – Just 100 grams of Chinese cabbage that is uncooked contains about 105 mg of calcium. It is not only rich in calcium; it also rich in Vitamin K. Vitamin K will help to retain the calcium that has been taken in everyday. Chinese cabbage serves a vital purpose of being a well known remedy for cancer and it also aids in cell repair process in our body.
- LADY’S FINGER – Just 100 grams of lady’s finger that is cooked contains about 77 mg of calcium. Lady’s finger is also commonly known as Okra. Lady’s finger is one of the most calcium rich foods as it helps to strengthen the bones and muscles when it is consumed in a daily basis. Lady’s finger consumption will also help to prevent and fight against bone related diseases such as osteoporosis.
- BROCCOLI – Just 100 grams of broccoli that is cooked contains about 47 mg of calcium. It is not only rich in calcium; it also rich in Vitamin K and Vitamin C. Hence, broccoli is also known as a bone builder due to its rich content. Broccolis can be consumed raw, cooked or even juiced.
- SPINACH – Just 100 grams of Spinach that is uncooked contains about 99 mg of calcium. When spinach is consumed raw, it has a huge amount of calcium content that prevents bones from becoming brittle and weak. Whereas when spinach is cooked, it will lose most of its calcium content hence, it is almost a waste to consume it then.
- WHOLE WHEAT BREAD – Just 100 grams of whole wheat bread contains about 107 mg of calcium. It serves as an alternative for the calcium rich vegetables that are consumed.
Henceforth, these are the five best calcium rich foods that can be consumed by people who are allergic to milk. These food items are easily available anywhere at any time.