In the current scenario of today’s rushing lifestyle, we tend to not concentrate on our kids due to our work load or other stresses of life. Kids are always filled with lots of energy and they tend to have a huge curiosity to eat everything they see but, as parents we should be more cautious as to what they should eat and what they should not eat. Let’s see in depth about the food items that kids should eat and not eat to have a healthy lifestyle and most importantly healthy teeth to have the cutest smile forever.
WHAT KIDS CAN EAT TO HAVE HEALTHY TEETH?
The best foods that kids should have to have healthy teeth are:
- Water – The most important thing you should do is have adequate amount of water daily. Kids should have 30 ounces of water to keep their body rehydrated as kids are usually very active.
- Tea – The consumption of green tea on a daily basis has numerous amounts of health benefits. It helps to rejuvenate the body and prevent toxin substances from accumulating in the body. It also lowers the presence of peroxides that is the reason for skin burning in the body as green tea is rich in anti oxidants.
- Papaya – This is very rich in anti-oxidants and it has a unique enzyme in it known as papain that can remove the dead cells and the impurities from the skin surface.
- Chia Seeds – These have high content of anti- oxidants and Omega 3 which is not only essential for skin whitening but also for the reduction of LDL also known as the bad cholesterol.
- Dark chocolates – These possess high anti oxidative properties which helps to develop more resistance towards UV rays and thus, promotes skin whitening.
- Oat Meal – This is very high in Omega 3 fatty acids, folate and potassium.
- Greek Yogurt – This is very rich in protein and calcium.
- Wheat Germ – This is very rich in Vitamin E and folate.
- Grapefruit – This is an immunity boosting anti oxidant that will help reduce blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Bananas – This is high in potassium and serves as an electrolyte.
- Eggs – This is rich in protein and also high in Vitamin D.
- Flax Seed – This has high content of Omega 3 fatty acids, fiber and lignin.
- Coffee – This has a high content of caffeine and anti oxidants that has several health benefits.
WHAT KIDS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO HAVE HEALTHY TEETH?
The worst foods that kids should not have are inorder to prevent gum disorders, cavities formation, loose teeth, etc are:
- Soft drinks
- Artificial Fruit juices
- Candies and sweets
- Baked food items
- Energy Drinks
- Canned fruits in sugary syrup
- Diet foods or also known as “low fat foods”
- Dried foods
- Saturated Fat Rich Food
Hence, this is the detailed description of the things that should be eaten or not eaten by kids.