Dark circles, though serious looking, are relatively easy to get rid of from the comfort of your home.
If you’ve developed dark circles and are worried you’re going to be stuck with them forever, don’t be. These useful home remedies will help you get rid of dark circles for good.
Milk For Dark Circles
- Take the cotton ball and dip it in the bowl of cold milk.
- Now, place the cotton ball on your eyes, making sure it covers the affected area completely.
- Keep it on for about 15 minutes, after which you can wash off with regular water.
Try once every day for two weeks.
Milk contains lactic acid that has shown to improve the smoothness, thickness, and firmness of the skin. This mild acid also diminishes fine lines and wrinkles (25).
Olive Oil For Dark Circles
- Massage the oil in circular motions around the eyes for a minute or two with your ring finger.
- Leave it on overnight.
Do this every night before going to bed.
Olive oil is rich in a lot of healthy compounds that possess antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, its application will keep the under-eye skin healthy. It also contains healthy fatty acids that provide the hydration and nourishment that the sensitive skin under the eyes needs (26).
Potato For Dark Circles
- Grate the raw potato and extract the juice from it.
- Soak two cotton balls in the juice.
- Place the cotton balls on the dark circles, ensuring that they cover the affected area entirely.
- Leave them on for 10 minutes. Then, remove and wash your eyes with cold water.
Twice a day regularly for two to three weeks.
Potatoes contain enzymes, starch, and vitamin C – all of which nourish the skin around the eyes and help treat dark circles (27).
Petroleum Jelly For Dark Circles
- Mix the petroleum jelly and lemon juice, and apply this mixture on the under eye area.
- Leave it on for an hour and then clean using a soft facial tissue.
- Rinse with cool water.
Do this once every day.
Petroleum jelly is one of the safest and most hydrating moisturizers for the skin. Its capacity to lock in moisture is absolutely excellent When applied to the under eye area, it nourishes the skin and takes away all the dryness that may be causing the dark circles.
Do not use this remedy if you have acne-prone skin. Petroleum jelly can clog pores and aggravate your acne.
Rosehip Oil Benefits For Dark Circles
What You Need
15ml rosehip oil
10 drops lavender oil
5 drops lemon essential oil
1-2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- Mix all the ingredients and store the mixture in a bottle.
- Massage a few drops of this mixture under and around the eyes for a minute or two.
- Leave this on overnight.
Doing this every night for about two to three weeks will show clear results.
Saffron For Dark Circles
- Soak the saffron in the milk for few minutes.
- Now, dip the cotton ball in this and apply the saffron-infused milk under the eyes. You can also apply this all to your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 10-12 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water.
Repeat this daily.
Saffron has been used to enhance the complexion since ages, and this has also been proved with different clinical trials. Its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds are responsible for this.
If you are allergic to milk and its products, do not use this remedy.
Yogurt And Parsley For Dark Circles
- Grind or crush the parsley leaves along with the yogurt so that they are blended well.
- Apply this mixture as an eye mask on the dark circles.
- Let it dry for 10 minutes and then rinse with cool water.
You can use this eye mask thrice a week.
Parsley contains beta-carotene, vitamin C, folic acid, and plenty of other minerals and vitamins. It evens out the skin tone and also prevents wrinkle formation.
Turmeric For Dark Circle.
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon almond oil
- Mix the turmeric with the almond oil.
- Massage the under eye area with this mixture for a minute and then leave it on for 20 minutes.
- You can rinse with water or use a soft tissue to wipe it off.
Do this thrice a week for best results.
Turmeric and its extracts are commonly used in face packs and creams because of their skin brightening and lightening properties (34). These properties will enhance the appearance of the dull and dark skin under your eyes. Almond oil in this remedy acts as the skin hydrating component.