In the present day modern society scenario, the most popular problem faced by almost everyone these days is obesity. In India, nearly 11 million people are facing problems because of obesity every year. The number of people getting obese is increasing day by day because of the consumption of junk food and improper eating habits. Obesity can lead to many health issues such as stroke, heart attack, elevated blood pressure, clotting of blood, etc. A person is medically considered to be obese when their body mass index is 25 or more than that. Obesity is nothing but the being overweight.
WHAT IS WEIGHT LOSS?
According to medical terms, weight loss is the reduction of the total body mass for the betterment of health and to be fit. When a person decides to lose weight they have to undergo instructions from their dietician very strictly. They should not do diet planning and try out different workouts by themselves as it may lead to severe health related issues when it is done improperly.
TYPES OF WEIGHT LOSS
There are two types of weight loss which are:
- Intentional weight loss
- Unintentional weight loss
BEST FOOD TO HAVE AS YOUR BREAKFAST
The breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If we skip that particular meal we always tend to over eat in the later meals. The best form of breakfast would include a good amount of carbohydrates, high fiber and a high protein rich meal.
These are some of the best and healthy foods to have in the morning:
- Oat Meal – This is very high in Omega 3 fatty acids, folate and potassium.
- Greek Yogurt – This is very rich in protein and calcium.
- Wheat Germ – This is very rich in Vitamin E and folate.
- Grapefruit – This is an immunity boosting anti oxidant that will help reduce blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Bananas – This is high in potassium and serves as an electrolyte.
- Eggs – This is rich in protein and also high in Vitamin D.
- Flax Seed – This has high content of Omega 3 fatty acids, fiber and lignin.
- Coffee – This has a high content of caffeine and anti oxidants that has several health benefits.
The most important thing you should do is have adequate amount of water daily. Before working out, you should have 20 ounces of water and after exercising you should have 8 ounces of water to keep your body re hydrated. After weight loss, a person should follow a high protein diet which will help to increase the metabolic rate. The intake of protein milk shakes and energy drinks should be stopped as it has high calorie content. After weight loss, the meal should be well planned and it should contain a balanced amount of carbohydrates and high protein content. People tend to follow a low calorie diet after losing weight in the idea of losing more weight soon but they are wrong. When a low calorie diet is followed, the metabolic rate decreases and thus, the person will gain more belly fats. Hence, a well – balanced diet plan should be executed with the best saying ‘Eat your breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper’.