In this modern day society, the major issue faced by almost everyone in this world apart from diabetes, heart attack, etc is nothing but hair loss. Hair loss can occur to both female and male at any age these days. The number of patients going to dermatologist to seek advice for hair loss and remedies for it is constantly increasing day by day. This scenario is caused mainly due to pollution. Pollution such as air pollution, water pollution, etc are the main reasons for too much of hair loss. Hair loss can also occur due to increase in the stress level of a person.
DO HAIR STYLES INCREASE HAIR LOSS?
Yes, definitely the variety of hairstyles we do these days cause severe damage to the hair thus, leading to hair loss issues. The usage of chemicals products such as hair sprays, straightening gel, etc and heating machines such as straighteners, curlers, etc can cause the thinning of hair which has to be used to obtain certain hairstyles. The hair shaft is very delicate and it can be very easily damage due to the tension caused to create a perfect hairstyle.
MOST COMMON HAIR STYLES THAT SPEED UP HAIR LOSS
These are the following hair styles that increase hair loss and thinning of hair due to traction alopecia:
- Braids & Cornrows – These two hairstyles require extreme tension and tightening of the hair on the scalp which causes traction alopecia. It is a common hairstyle among the African people.
- Ballerina Bun – It is nowadays called as Man- Bun as it is a common hairstyle that is followed by many professional people such as actors, football players, etc. For this hairstyle, the hair has to be pulled very tightly to produce a smooth bun that results in traction alopecia.
- Hair Extensions – The weight of the hair extensions will pull the tender hair shaft and hair follicles that promotes traction alopecia. Hair extensions are used by almost everyone to enhance the thickness of their hair without realizing the damages it does to your original hair.
- Tight ponytails – In order to get a sophisticated business woman look, women tent to pull their hair extremely tightly to the back and tie it tightly with a rubber band. This not only causes the hair shaft and hair follicles to break but also promotes female pattern baldness.
- Dreadlocks – In order to obtain this hairstyle, the hair has to be twisted, entwined and tangled to create the dreads. It damages the hair follicles, promotes dandruff and hair loss.
- Weaves – In order to add hair extensions, it has to be weaved, clipped or glued which cause huge damages to the scalp and thus promotes traction alopecia.
Hence, do try to avoid these hairstyles to prevent hair loss.