In the present day modern society scenario, the most popular problem faced by almost everyone these days is obesity. In India, nearly 11 million people are facing problems because of obesity every year. The number of people getting obese is increasing day by day because of the consumption of junk food and improper eating habits. Obesity can lead to many health issues such as stroke, heart attack, elevated blood pressure, clotting of blood, etc. A person is medically considered to be obese when their body mass index is 25 or more than that. Obesity is nothing but the being overweight.
CAUSES OF OBESITY
There are many reasons for obesity and a few of the most common reasons are seen below:
- Improper Eating Habits
- Lifestyle Change
- Improper Sleeping Habits
- No proper exercise
- Heredity problem
- Eating of high sugar content food
- Eating of junk food to a large amount
- Improper medications that increase weight
- Lack of sleep
- Getting pregnant at a later age
- Increased consumption of alcohol
- Increased smoking
- Genetic problem
- Accumulation of too much of water at night times
WHAT IS WEIGHT LOSS?
According to medical terms, weight loss is the reduction of the total body mass for the betterment of health and to be fit. When a person decides to lose weight they have to undergo instructions from their dietician very strictly. They should not do diet planning and try out different workouts by themselves as it may lead to severe health related issues when it is done improperly.
WHAT ARE DIET SHAKES?
In order to lose weight, people tend to go for liquid dieting which refers to replacing a solid meal with liquid drink that contains the necessary nutrients, calories and vitamins similar to the meal. Diet shakes not only help to support the body composition but it also helps to reach the targeted weight goal sooner.
BEST TYPES OF DIET SHAKES TO PROMOTE WEIGHT LOSS
- Peanut Butter and Strawberry Shake – Blend 2 teaspoons of peanut butter and 1 cup of strawberries. Then, add ½ a cup of Greek yogurt with ice cubes. This diet shake contains 320 calories and 18 grams of protein.
- Avocado – Pear Shake – Blend ½ cup of Greek yogurt and 2 cups of spinach first. Then, add 1 skin peeled pear, 15 green grapes, 7 pieces of avocado and 1 glass of cold water into the blender and blend it into a smooth juice. This diet shake contains 316 calories and 21 grams of protein.
- Almond Milk and Egg White Powder Shake – Blend ½ cup of almond milk, 1 scoop of egg white powder and a few ice cubes together. This diet shake is a low calorie protein shake.
- Banana and Egg White Powder Shake – Blend 1 big banana, 2 scoops of egg white powder and 1 glass of cold water together. This is a low calorie protein shake.
- Tropical Shake – Blend 10 slices of mango, 10 pieces of pineapple, ½ cup of vanilla yogurt and 1 spoon of ground flaxseed together for a minute. This diet shake contains 400 calories and 22 grams of protein.
Hence, these are the role of diet shakes in weight loss.