In the present day modern society scenario, the most popular problem faced by almost everyone these days is obesity. In India, nearly 11 million people are facing problems because of obesity every year. The number of people getting obese is increasing day by day because of the consumption of junk food and improper eating habits. Obesity can lead to many health issues such as stroke, heart attack, elevated blood pressure, clotting of blood, etc. A person is medically considered to be obese when their body mass index is 25 or more than that. Obesity is nothing but the being overweight.
WHAT IS WEIGHT LOSS?
According to medical terms, weight loss is the reduction of the total body mass for the betterment of health and to be fit. When a person decides to lose weight they have to undergo instructions from their dietician very strictly. They should not do diet planning and try out different workouts by themselves as it may lead to severe health related issues when it is done improperly.
TYPES OF WEIGHT LOSS
There are two types of weight loss which are:
- Intentional weight loss
- Unintentional weight loss
MISTAKES TO BE AVOIDED AT WORK TO STAY FOCUS IN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS PLAN
These are the following mistakes to be avoided in order to stick on to your weight loss plan:
- Focus constantly on your scale weight.
- When a low calorie diet is followed, the metabolic rate decreases and thus, the person will gain more belly fats. They should follow a high protein diet which will help to increase the metabolic rate.
- A person should do regular exercises but should not do excessive exercising which will lead to various health hazards. They should always follow the instructions of their gym instructor.
- People assume that “low fats” foods are very good for weight loss but they are wrong. Low fat foods tend to have high sugar content which will increase the calorie content in the body. Hence, “Fat Free” and “diet” foods should be recommended for people who are under a weight loss plan.
- Follow the intake of a balanced meal with the help of your dietician for better results in weight loss.
The most important thing you should do is have adequate amount of water daily. Before working out, you should have 20 ounces of water and after exercising you should have 8 ounces of water to keep your body re hydrated. After weight loss, a person should follow a high protein diet which will help to increase the metabolic rate. The intake of protein milk shakes and energy drinks should be stopped as it has high calorie content. After weight loss, the meal should be well planned and it should contain a balanced amount of carbohydrates and high protein content. People tend to follow a low calorie diet after losing weight in the idea of losing more weight soon but they are wrong. When a low calorie diet is followed, the metabolic rate decreases and thus, the person will gain more belly fats. Hence, a well – balanced diet plan should be executed with the best saying ‘Eat your breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper’.