HEALTH BENEFITS OF BLACKBERRIES
- Prevents and slows the growth of cancerous cells – This is widely known as a cancer fighting food due to the rich antioxidants found in blackberries. Blackberries are also known to prevent cell mutation that results in cancer in the first place. The presence of Vitamin K in blackberries plays a major role in preventing and fighting prostate cancer, colon cancer, stomach, nasal, oral and liver cancers.
- Improve and maintain brain function – Manganese is a vital nutrient present in high levels in blackberries that is essential for brain functioning.
- Reduce inflammation, fight infection and boost immunity – The rich antioxidants present in blackberries play a pivotal role in fighting infections, reducing inflammation and boosting immunity.
- Regulate menstrual health – The presence of Vitamin K in blackberries aids in regulating hormone function and thereby reducing menstrual cramps.
- Good for the cardiovascular system – The Vitamin K present in blackberries is very essential for the entire cardiovascular system. Vitamin K helps to regulate blood pressure levels, reduces inflammation in cells that line blood vessels and reduces the risk of heart attack.
- Promote healthy skin – The Vitamin C present in blackberries helps to keep the skin healthy, youthful and glowing. It stimulates the growth of collagen and prevents premature aging of the skin.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PLUMS
- Treats obesity – The presence of bioactive compounds in plums helps in fighting the metabolic syndrome and treats obesity.
- Control diabetes – Plums exert anti-hyperglycemic effects and aid in fighting diabetes. Recent medical research studies have shown that consumption of plum extracts helps to lower the blood glucose and triglyceride levels in the body and enhance the insulin sensitivity.
- Aids in digestion – Since plums are rich in fiber content, it is effective in regulating the digestive system.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF EGGPLANTS
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases – The presence of rich antioxidants in eggplants reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Aids in weight loss – Since eggplants are rich in fiber and low in calories, it helps to promote weight loss.
- Fights cancer – The presence of solasodine rhamnosyl glycosides in eggplants aids in treating cancer.