Wrinkles and sagging skin are common in aging. Collagen and elastic fibers are vital proteins that provide the skin strength and suppleness. As we age, the collagen and elastic fibers begin to diminish and results in wrinkles. Lifestyle factors, everyday habits such as overexposure to the sun and smoking can contribute to premature wrinkles and worsens them. Frowning too much may also be the cause of forehead wrinkles. There are numerous natural remedies to ease your wrinkles or delay skin sagging. If these natural remedies are incorporated in one’s daily skin care routine, one can bid farewell to wrinkles and sagging skin.
9 SMART TIPS TO GET RID OF FOREHEAD WRINKLES
- APPLY BUTTERMILK – Buttermilk contains lactic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid that can help remove wrinkles and makes your skin supple and smooth. Research shows that treating skin with lactic acid boosts collagen, the protein which makes your skin firm. One can try dabbing little buttermilk on the wrinkled area and leave it on for 20 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- DAB ON ALOE VERA GEL – Aloe vera invigorates cells that generate collagen and elastic, the proteins which keep your skin firm and elastic. Aloe vera is also effective in keeping the skin hydrated. Spread a thin layer of aloe vera gel on your forehead and let it dry. Rinse it off once it dries up. This greatly helps in reducing the wrinkles and gives a radiant and youthful skin.
- GIVE AVOCADO PULP OR OIL A SHOT – Studies show that avocado oil stimulates the synthesis of elastic and collagen fibers and aids in keeping your skin supple and firm. Fats extracted from avocado reduce inflammation and cellular damage caused by ultraviolet rays. One can try mashing up half an avocado and apply the pulp on the wrinkled area. One can also use avocado oil instead. Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing it off.
- PUT ON SOME TURMERIC PASTE – Research shows that turmeric can prevent the production of wrinkles and the loss of skin elasticity caused by exposure to ultraviolet light.
- DRINK POMEGRANATE JUICE – Wrinkles caused by exposure to the sun’s rays were notably reduced by drinking pomegranate juice. The anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, and antioxidant characteristics of pomegranate juice play a major role in giving a radiant and youthful looking skin.
- HAVE SOYMILK AND TOFU – Fine wrinkles and skin elasticity improved drastically.
- USE TAPE IF YOU FROWN TOO MUCH – One should avoid frowning as much as possible.
- DO FACIAL EXERCISES – Keep your hands on your forehead with your fingertips facing inward and spread out your fingers between your hairline and eyebrows and sweep them across your forehead gently. Repeat about 10 times.
- GET SUN PROTECTION AND MOISTURIZE