In this article, we will be discussing nine ways to reduce wrinkles.
- Quit smoking – This unhealthy habit is a major factor in increasing the number of free radicals in the body’s cells, thereby resulting in premature ageing of the skin. One can try nicotine patches and inhalers to quit smoking.
- Add more antioxidants to your diet – Since antioxidants protect the body from wrinkle causing free radicals, one should include foods that are rich in antioxidants in their diet. Examples of foods that are rich in antioxidant content are berries such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, cranberries, black plums and black beans.
- Remain hydrated – Dehydration plays a pivotal role in premature ageing of the skin, therefore it is essential to remain hydrated throughout the day. It is suggested to consume at least 2 litres of water per day by consuming more fruits such as watermelon and drinking natural coconut water.
- Use high quality anti-wrinkle cream – NIVEA’s range of anti-wrinkle creams and moisturisers are highly recommended because they are designed to keep the skin hydrated, protect against sun damage and repair and rejuvenate the skin.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure – Excessive sun exposure will result in more wrinkles. One can apply sunscreen or an SPF moisturiser daily to prevent sun damage. Moisturising lotions helps to soothe sunburns and aids in restoring skin’s moisture to prevent premature ageing.
- Get enough beauty sleep – One should get adequate beauty sleep daily to prevent premature ageing. It is absolutely essential to get at least 8 hours of sleep daily in order for the body to repair itself. Our body will release excess cortisol, a hormone which causes premature ageing of the skin, if we do not sleep enough. Therefore, we should stimulate the skin’s regeneration process by applying a rich anti-wrinkle cream before going to bed.
- Reduce stress – The body releases excess cortisol, a hormone known to cause premature ageing of the skin, when the body is under physical or mental stress. Yoga and meditation can aid in reducing the stress levels of a person.
- Consume more fish – The omega-3, fatty acids, anti-oxidants and protein present in fish play a major role in fighting off the wrinkles and keep one’s skin vibrant and youthful. Research has proven that the omega 3 fatty acids protects the skin from sun exposure, reduces inflammation and frequently used as a natural remedy against depression. The protein present in fish will reduce the sagging of the skin and the antioxidants will fight free radicals within the body.
- Avoid over-washing your face – Over washing of the face can strip the natural oils off our skin. Therefore, one should avoid over washing of our face.