- Watermelon – Watermelon is sweet and juicy and also healthy and the easiest thing to prepare. Just cut it into small slices and serve. Watermelon is also the perfect fruit to cut into star or flower shapes using a cookie cutter. Or add a popsicle stick to create watermelon pops. Perfect for a summer party.
- Chopped fruit salad – Fruit platters are parents’ favourites because they’re healthy. Most kids will eat a piece or two, especially strawberries and grapes. You can make your chopped fruit a little fancy by threading it onto popsicle sticks or blunt wooden skewers to create a fruit wand.
- Potato chips and popcorn – Potato chips and popcorn will be the one of the most wanted dishes of the kids.
- Mini – pizzas – Create single serve pizzas using homemade or store bought pizza dough, rolled out and cut with a large round cookie cutter or glass. Top with tomato paste, chopped ham and grated cheese.
- Pinwheels – A pinwheel is a sheet of puff pastry, spread with a topping, rolled up into a log, then cut into slices and baked. You can make savoury versions such as pizza pinwheels or make a sweet version with Nutella spread.
- Mini savoury muffins – Any muffin recipe can be used such as cheese & ham or banana muffins where you put a scoop teaspoonful of mixture into a mini muffin tray and cook for around 10 minutes at the temperature suggested by your recipe.
- Mini sausage rolls – Whether home made or store-bought, these are at the top of the list of most consumed foods at kids’ parties. Serve with tomato sauce or ketchup.
- Mini cupcakes – Mini cupcakes, on the other hand, are the perfect size for just one bite of cake plus icing and they still look decorative, especially grouped together on a cake stand.