WHAT ARE SORE EYES?
Eyes are the most important and most attractive feature of a person’s face. They are the essential part of the body that helps us get a clear view of the world. We may feel impaired when there is any sort of infection in the eyes. Sore eyes are generally caused because of allergies and infections that occur in the eyes. The presence of these will irritate the eyes and cause the eye to become red after rubbing intensively. For some people contact lens can also irritate the eyes and become sore eyes.
CAUSES OF SORE EYES
These are the few causes of sore eyes which are:
- Exposure to the sun
- Eye infections
- Intensively rubbing the eyes
- Due to the presence of airborne irritants
- Contact lenses
- Incorrect glasses
- Viral infections
- Over Usage of the digital screen
- Due to dehydration
8 EASY HOME REMEDIES FOR SORE EYES
- Ice Pack Remedy – Keep an ice pack over the sore eyes for around 5 minutes and repeat this process 2 to 3 times a day.
Alternative: If in case you cannot find an ice pack then,
- Wrap a frozen food item in a clean towel and place it over the sore eyes or
- Keep a tea bag in the freezer for a couple of minutes and place it over the sore eyes.Cucumber Remedy – Soak the cucumber slices in cold water for 3 minutes and place the cucumber slices over the sore eyes for 5 minutes. Cucumber slices are said to have a cooling effect and it will also help to remove the black circles around the eyes.
- Aloe Vera Treatment – Dilute the aloe vera gel into the cold water and let it settle down for 10 minutes. Soak the water using cotton balls and place the cotton balls on the sore eyes. Repeat this process twice a day for better results.
- Castor Oil Remedy – Let a drop of organic and pure castor oil into your eyes use an eye dropper and leave it overnight. Repeat this process once for a few days.
- Rose water Remedy – Leave the rose water in the refrigerator for 15 minutes and then, use an eye dropper to let a drop of chilled rose water into the sore eyes. Repeat this process thrice every day.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in cold water and soak the cotton balls in it. Then, place the cotton balls over the sore eyes for 10 minutes and repeat this process twice a day.
- Potato Treatment – Squeeze the potato juice over a cotton pad and keep the cotton pad over the sore eyes for 10 minutes. Do this process at night alone.
- Coriander Remedy – Extract the coriander juice and let two drops of the juice into the sore eyes using an eye dropper. Repeat this process twice a day for better results.
These are the 8 very easy and effective home remedies to overcome sore eyes.